WCSD is preparing our students with 21st century learning skills!
We are excited to extend our 1:1 iPad Program to 3rd and 6th grade!
(Check your school calendar for BYOD informational parent
meetings for all 2nd and 5th grade parents)
IPad Plan Goal for 2015-2016
- As students enter 3rd and 6th grade at WCSD, parents will purchase an iPad to go between home and school.
What is BYOD?
- Bring your own device (BYOD) refers to technology models where students bring their own personally owned device to school for the purpose of learning.
- At WCSD, we are asking families to purchase an iPad.
Why Apple iPad?
- Extends student’s learning
- Universal Tool (Continuity across district, sites and classrooms)
- iPad with 16 GB
- If you have an iPad that updates to iOS 8, students can use that device at school.
- iPads need a lightning connector
- Parents can purchase iPad at any store (not just at APPLE stores)
- Parents can purchase devices from any store (not just Apple)
- Mac to School offers affordable prices on used iPads: http://www.mactoschool.com/
- Loaners will be on site to ensure that ALL students have access to an iPad
- Loaner devices will stay on the school campus
- Insurance option: https://my.worthavegroup.com/whittierca
- Case: UZBL Shockwave $49.00, Griffin Survivor $59.99, Otter Box $89.99
- Shoulder Bag: STM iPad Shoulder Bag $45.00